More than 1.6 million residents of New Jersey are registered in Medicare, and the number of available plans is expanding. To choose the right Medicare plans in New Jersey, it is important to look at all of the options.
Medicare in New Jersey: Details
During the 2022 budget year, CMS reported the following Medicare coverage and spending trends in New Jersey:
Let’s have a look at Medicare plans in New Jersey.
- Medicare covers 1,652,743 people in Garden State.
- New Jersey’s average monthly Medicare Advantage premium dropped from $20.36 in 2021 to $17.41 in 2022.
- In 2022, Garden State will offer the same number of Medicare Advantage plans as in 2021: 84.
- A Medicare Advantage plan, including those with zero monthly premiums, is available to all Medicare recipients living in the state of New Jersey.
- In 2022, New Jersey residents can choose from 12 unique Medigap policies.
Medicare Advantage Plans in New Jersey
CMS gives each Medicare Advantage plan a star rating between 1 and 5, with 5 being the finest. The following are the New Jersey 2022 providers who have at least one highly rated plan on the market.
Service providers with a perfect 5-star rating
The following service provider has Medicare Advantage plans that are ranked very highly by the CMS and are available to residents of New Jersey:
4.5-star plan providers
All of the following organizations have New Jersey health insurance policies that have earned 4.5 stars or more from the CMS:
- Aetna medicare advantage plans in new jersey
- Humana medicare advantage plans in new jersey
Right Medicare Advantage Plans in New Jersey
Assessing your healthcare wants and needs is the first step in selecting the most suitable New Jersey Medicare Advantage Plan. In particular, the Aetna Medicare Explorer Premier Plus plan by Aetna Medicare is the finest option if you want a PPO plan that ranks well according to the CMS rating system, and includes six-core benefits, and prescription coverage, as determined by NewMedicare’s research.
Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans cover care from a larger range of clinics and hospitals. Many advantages and viable customization options are included in such schemes. With this plan, you won’t need a referral to consult a specialist. The cost of the premiums may be higher than that of some other options.
HMO Medicare Advantage Plan in New Jersey
You should compare several HMO plans to find one that suits your healthcare requirements. With prescription coverage, six basic benefits, and a good CMS rating in mind, NewMedicare looked into the finest HMO plan in New Jersey. When it comes to Humana plans, the Gold Plus H6622-063 is the top choice.
The standard healthcare plan is an HMO or health maintenance organization. In most cases, it offers significant savings over PPO, PFFS, and similar plans. The hospital network is smaller than that of a PPO plan, though. Still, if you have a very serious medical problem, you can go to a doctor who is not in the network of your insurance plan. You’ll need a recommendation from your primary care physician to see a specialist under this plan.
Right Medicare Supplement Plans in New Jersey
Medicare Supplement plans in New Jersey cost an average of $135 per month for those 65 and older and about $224 per month for those 75 and older. Plans F and G are the most common because of their extensive protections. The average monthly expenditures for each are $237.01 and $160.40. However, you can only enroll in Plan F if you become Medicare-eligible before 2020. Plan N’s coverage is comparable to Plans F and G. However; it comes with higher premiums. The average monthly cost for those 65 and over is $118.70, while those 75 and older pay an average of $185.01. Plan G from Medicare Supplements is the Top Option in New Jersey Horizon’s Plan G Medicare Supplement plan is the most cost-effective option for New Jersey residents, with a monthly premium of only $154.62. Companies that offer online quotations are the only ones that NewMedicare ranks. Online price quotes are convenient, but they may not reflect the discounts offered by many New Jersey businesses.
Medicare Supplement Plan F in New Jersey
At an average of $249.87 per month, Horizon’s Medicare Supplement Plan F is the most affordable option for New Jersey residents. It’s worth noting that NewMedicare collected this information from New Jersey firms that offer instant online quotations. This suggests that there may be more New Jersey-based firms than online quotation providers who provide competitively low prices.
What is the cost of Medicare in New Jersey?
- Original Medicare: Monthly premiums for Medicare Part A can be anywhere from $0 to $499. To receive hospital care under Medicare Part A, you must pay a yearly deductible of $1,556. People typically pay the normal $170.10 monthly premium for Part B. The Part B deductible is $233 per year.
- Medicare Advantage Plan: In 2022, a Medicare Advantage Plan in the state of New Jersey will cost an average of $17.41 per month. The monthly cost for certain programs is actually $0.
- Part D plans: The lowermost monthly cost for a Part D plan starts at $7.00.
- Medigap Plans: The price range for Plan G from Medicare Supplement Insurance is $125 to $395 a month for a 65-year-old nonsmoking female in Trenton.
Medicare in New Jersey: By Numbers
|Original Medicare beneficiaries||Average plan cost||New Jersey’s annual spending on each recipient||Spending per recipient compared to the average for the country|
|1,117,597||Part A: $0 to $499 per month*
Part B: $170.10 **
To sum up, Medicare enrollment in New Jersey exceeds 1.65 million residents. Throughout the state, numerous private insurance companies provide a variety of Medicare Advantage and Medigap policies. New Jersey’s Medicare Advantage premiums for 2022 are lower than in 2020. To further supplement your Medicare benefits, New Jersey residents can choose from many different Medigap plans.
Reach out Today at NewMedicare, and get your quotes now!