To enroll in Medicare, you must show your eligibility by submitting some documents. While obtaining copies of your paperwork can be somewhat costly, Social Security can assist you in retrieving what you no longer have. You should complete your medicare documents before applying to avoid rejection.

You may submit Medicare documents indicating you’re eligible for Medicare when you apply. There may be information already available on Medicare and Social Security. But they can ask you to submit any missing information.

It means you need to present records that show your previous case complied.

  • Age
  • Citizenship
  • Prior income histories
  • Serving in the military

If you have the supporting documents, please make sure to give them the originals. These are not documents, projects, or information you need access to; therefore, don’t worry about reaccessing them.

To enroll in Medicare, what documents do I need to submit?

When you first enroll, you’ll need to show that you are eligible for Medicare. Some information on your medical records might already be in Medicare’s database.

You don’t have to provide further proof if you currently receive Social Security retirement or disability benefits. So don’t worry about missing out on benefits. Medicare and Social Security will already have all the information they need to process your enrolment.

Enrolling in Medicare must present evidence that you don’t get Social Security benefits.

To enroll online, call Social Security, or visit a Social Security office as another option. Regardless of the methodology you use, you must submit specific information.

The list of documents:

For the most part, this includes:

  • SSN
  • The date and location of your birth
  • Whether you are a citizen
  • Your current spouse, together with any previous spouse’s name and Social Security number
  • Where and when you were married, and when and where you were divorced
  • Your current or previous ages of any children who are less than eighteen years old (children also need to be mentioned who are up to age 19 and still in high school)
  • Your children’s names and ages if they had a disability before the age of 22
  • Regardless of whether you have registered for Social Security benefits or someone has, you can still register for benefits today.
  • Your current and previous employer’s name and address
  • You must use the estimated figures for this year’s profits to predict how much money you’ll have earned over the next two years.
  • When you served in the military before 1968
  • Personal or employment information about you or your spouse’s railroad-related work
  • Details about your overseas Social Security work credits
  • Your pension from the federal government, both currently and in the future
  • You only need to complete the application to supply most of this information. But some aspects require supplementary documentation. Documents found here may include:
  • A birth certificate, such as the state where you were born, the issuing agency issues it.
  • Without a document showing your date of birth, records documenting your age, such as school, state, insurance, or vaccination records, will help you prove your age.
  • A U.S. passport, a naturalization certificate, a citizenship certificate, or a consular birth report may be required if you were born outside the United States.
  • Your Permanent Resident Card, and your admission-departure record, provide proof of legal status if you are not a U.S. citizen.
  • You can include records of your service, such as discharge papers if you’ve already served in the military.
  • Last’s W-2 or your self-employment tax information
  • Your wages or salary are recorded, such as your Social Security statement.
  • Having as many documents ready as you can not be necessary, but having as many of them as possible is a good idea. Social Security will alert you to things you may have forgotten to arrange.
  • You should always supply original documentation. For submitting original documents, people can use Social Security’s W-2 forms, tax paperwork, and medical records, but all other information must be presented in the form of an original document.
  • After evaluation, they will return your Social Security documents to you.

Do I need other documents if I am already enrolled in Medicare Part D?

When you enroll in Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) and Medicare Part B, you’ll need to submit the paperwork indicated above (medical insurance). Check out Part A and Part B to learn more about original Medicare.

Before enrolling in other Medicare sections, you must register in the Original Medicare. Social Security includes:

  • The Medicare Advantage program is commonly known as Medicare Part C.
  • In the U.S., it is referred to as Medicare Part D.
  • Health maintenance insurance, known as Medigap
  • These other sections won’t require any further paperwork to be completed.

They can ask you to enter your Medicare number and Medicare Part A start date for eligibility verification. You can find the number and the commencement date of your Medicare benefits on your Medicare card.

Visit our website to learn more.